Sunday, November 28, 2010

Power Down Day-November 26, 2010

        Before doing my Power Down Day I thought it was going to be extremely easy, but I was so wrong. I did not realize how much technology I used every day. I decided to do my Power Down Day over break so I would have a variety of things that I could do, but I still thought I was going to go crazy without my cell phone and my laptop. It was not until the Power Down Day that I realized how often I will randomly get on my computer to check my email or to check my Facebook. Without being able to do these things I thought I was going to go crazy and I felt as though I was “out of the loop”. Throughout the day I found myself doing a lot of cleaning that did not need to be done and I also went on a walk with a friend to try and pass time. I felt pathetic because I just wanted the day to be over so I would be allowed to use my phone and computer. During the day I ended up getting caught up on homework because I did not have the distractions of the television, music, and the internet to get me off topic. Once my Power Down Day was over I had 9 text messages, 3 missed calls, and 12 Facebook notifications. I did not realize how much I relied on technology on a day-to-day basis. It’s amazing how much technology has impact the lives of society.

No comments:

Post a Comment