Thursday, December 2, 2010

Literacy Night at Alliance Early Learning Center

      When first being asked to help out at the Alliance Early Learning Center's Literacy Night, I thought it was going to deal with reading with the students and sharing different stories and activities with the students and their parents. Once I had arrived at the learning center I realized that the event had nothing to do with reading. The event was a way for parents and students to get involved and work together on different activities. At the Literacy Night there were three activities that the students and parents did. They had three stations, a noodle dying station, a play-dough making station, and a silly putty station. It was very nice being able to see how excited the students were to work together with their parents. All the students made their parents stick their hands in the putty and play-dough because they loved the reaction of the parents. I really enjoyed the Literacy Night because I got the chance to meet some of the students that I am observings parents and I got to see some of the students outside of school and business attire. I feel as though the students felt special while introducing me to their parents because they all made it a point to make sure their parents knew that I was the "helper" in the classroom. Overall, I thought this was a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment